Next to my art practice I like to teach, give workshops and create the conditions for stimulating art-science collaborative project. In this context, I was leading the BioHack Academy at Waag, helped set up the Biospace of the Utrecht University of the Arts and founded Amsterdam Biolabs. More recently, I have taught a class on Viral Art together with Pei-Ying Lin at the Breitner Academy in Amsterdam, and have given two soil-themed workshops together with Hege Tapio for the Norwegian BioArt Arena (NOBA) in Ås, Norway.
BioHack Academy (2018 & 2019)
The BioHack Academy is a ten week course organized by Waag (Amsterdam) where participants design, build and use their own biolab equipment, get an introduction in working in the laboratory and follow their unique interests in creative biotechnology projects. It is an international program; past partner labs include BioClub Tokyo (Japan), Fablab Seoul (South Korea) and The Social Media Workgroup, University of New Mexico (US).
Find the Open Source syllabus at: http://biohackacademy.github.io/
- Classes, for lecture PDFs and videos, information on the BHA devices, practicals and other links
- Participants, links to the personal pages of participants
- Organisms, a list of organisms used in the BHA
- Cultivation media, a list of cultivation media
- Github repositories, Open Source DIYBio lab equipment repositories